Pages

Tuesday 26 January 2016

communicating hospitality

    · “A drink, Mr. Sloan? I’m having a martini.”
        “ Orange juice.”

    · “Would you like an iced tea?” she asked Kate.
       “That would be fine, thank you.”

    · “May I get you something to drink while you eat?”
       “No, thank you,” Ben Hartman said, smiling wanly.
       “Are you sure? Perhaps some tea? Coffee? Mineral water?” The bellhop peered up at
         him.

    · “May I come in?”
       “Yes, of course. Sit down. Would you like some coffee?”
       “No, thanks. I’ll only take a few minutes of your time.”

    · “Please give my love to Alice,” Stanton Rogers said. He rose.
       “And you give mine to Barbara,” [before departing]

    · “Good afternoon, Mrs. Ashley.”
       “Good afternoon, Mr. Rogers.”
       “Would you like a drink?”
       “Thank you, no.”

    · “I just made some fresh tea, would you like some?”
       “Thank you, I would.”

    · ‘Mind if I finish my ham and cheese and have coffee?’ she asked, going behind the table 
       and pouring coffee into a paper cup. ‘Will you have some.’
       ‘No, thanks.’
      ‘Then pull up and make yourself at home.’

    · “Do you want coffee?”
       “If it’s no trouble.”
       “It’s already made. How do you take it?”
       “A little milk. Black’s fine if you don’t have any milk.”

    · “Please.” Davenport gestured at a comfortable-looking couch as he sat down in an
       easy chair.
      “Thanks.”
      “Would you care for anything to drink, Conner? How about an Evian?”
      “No, thanks.”

    · “Would you like a cup of coffee?”
       “Thank you. If …..it’s not …. too much bother.”
       “No bother at all,” Monica assured her cheerfully. “Milk? Do you take sugar?”
       “Just black… It is…so kind of you.”
       “Back in a minute.”

    · “Please call me Azad.”
       “Only if you call me Irene.”
       “Of course. Sit.” He motioned to the chair across from his. “May I get you something to
         drink?”
       “Tea would be nice.” Kennedy pulled out her chair and sat.

    · “May I offer you anything...” she said. “Coffee?”
       “Nothing, no thank you,” Sam replied.

    · “May I offer you some refreshment? Vodka, Schnapps, cognac?”

    · “May I offer you something to drink?”
       “I’m fine,” I repeat.
       “At altitude, it is important to stay hydrated, especially the first few days.”
       “Nothing, thank you.”
       “Very well,” says Henderson...

    · “Something to drink? Coffee, perhaps?”
       “Coffee would be fine. Thank you.”
       “Cream and sugar?”
       “Black, please.”

    · “Would you care for anything? Coffee? Water? Soda? Whisky?”
       “Nothing, thanks.”
  
    · “May I get you anything? Mineral water? Lillet? Sherry?”
       “Nothing, thanks.”

    · “May I get you something to drink while you eat?”
       “No, thank you,” Ben Hartman said, smiling wanly.
       “Are you sure? Perhaps some tea? Coffee? Mineral water?”
    
    · “May I come in?”
       “Yes, of course. Sit down. Would you like some coffee?”
       “No, thanks. I’ll only take a few minutes of your time.”


No comments:

Post a Comment